Jay's Wine Notes Blog

Where I can spew forth phrases like "hints of tar" and try to convince you/me that I enjoyed that.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

REVIEW: 2003 Sicilia Cantine Colosi

This is the dude I'm sippin' on right now as I catch up on the blog. And hey, I'm happy that this one is what I'm relaxing with tonight.

As can be expected, from what I can tell about Euro wines, this one isn't fruit first. But that said, this is a very, very drinkable wine. Well balanced, not heavy in body, minimal tannins, and a nice dark red hue. The flavor? Earthy, maybe leathery (there is something I taste that's not "normal" to me), with a bright fruit finish. I surely want another bottle of this for later! And at $12, it's well worth it.

The bouquet is pleasant. Sniffing it makes you want to dive right in and drink.

Hey! And The Sopranos is on! Goomba wine while watching a Goomba show. Gotta love it!

Swigs: 4 Bang 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home