Jay's Wine Notes Blog

Where I can spew forth phrases like "hints of tar" and try to convince you/me that I enjoyed that.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

REVIEW: 2004 Domaine De L'Oratoire Saint-Martin

What bites about not keeping up with the blog is that I'm NOT going to do this wine justice. This was the first white drank (of the two in the case) and to start off, it was fantastic.

We chilled this one, brought it out, and let it sit for a while to get beyond refrigerator cold and more to the "proper" wine drinking temperature of whites... or at least what I'm told.

So we crack this dude, sip, and daaaaaaamn! Yum, yum! Now, I'm not a big white wine guy, so excuse me if you know better, but this was sorta Chardonnay-ish to me, but not all overly woody tasting. Crisp, tasty, refreshing. Some citrus hints in there for sure. A bit grassy and fresh tasting. I wish I could remember accurately the color, but I do think it was yellow-ish, i.e. not super clear and water-like.

Go get a bottle, folks! Fire up some fish dish, maybe some scallops (which is what we had!), or just kick and an drink this sucker. Very good and one of my favorites so far.

Check this out and you'll see why I gave it a 4 (though I thought it was a good value before I read this)
http://www.polanerselections.com/producer.php?pID=844


Swigs: 4 Bang 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home